Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Google New Look

I've never seen google changing the last few years, at least radical changes. But I wake up today morning and I come see that Google's look has changed. Here is how Google looked this morning to me.

[Image Coming]

Whats to note is, I feel Google has restructured using CSS, and now it looks more sleek, and One thing I noted is, the moment I type google and press enter, First the search bar, Google Logo, and the two button appears, after a short delay the top bars which shows user logged in appears. Is this an effect or is it a loading time issue? (not the second one I hope :) ).

OK! I thought, I din't recognize it at the first shot, but when I actually gave a search, it returned me the results, I thought "what? this is not google" and trust me I went back to address bar and typed google again and entered the search term again.

And then I was faced with the same new google look, I thought am I being April fooled?? Nope, Its the new look of Google.

Here are a few changes that has appeared in Google

1. New side bar on the left which helps us filter the results (like in bing?) It helps us filter blogs, pictures, news, videos,feeds,updates,discussions (sleek tools for internet marketers).
2. Right below the search bar, Google shows you in which geo location has the search result returned from? I find a Bengaluru, Karntaka beneath the Google search bar, which can be changed.
3. The google graphics at the bottom has definitely changed as far as I see
4. Google used to say these many results returned and these words searched, but the same has disappeared and a small gray line appears at the right of the search bar.
5. On the left when you click more, you get advanced filters, which lets you filter the shops or any other useful info from your search.

All in all, google has changed and has a new look at least in India right now, what do you say about it? Drop a comment about the new look of google and let me know.

No comments: