Thursday, November 6, 2008

A coffee you can never drink

"How could you do that to me?" said the lady with a sob and a tear in her eyes!

Jack turned to the woman, who sat a few yards away from his coffee table along with a man who was apparently her husband. Jack kept his ears open as the conversation went on.

"I trusted you so much! and you go sleep with that bitch!" cried the woman as tears followed.
"I'm sorry baby, I'm really sorry, I never meant to hurt you, I love you!" said the man.
"Don't say that to me!,If you'd have known what love is, you'd not have done this! I can't take  this, I can't".
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" man started sobbing.
"Enough! It was great being with you till date! I loved you till today; but today; I hate you! I hate you from the depths of my heart!!" She grabbed the purse and ran away with tissues puffed to her eyes.

"Huh! what a couple" said Jack and sipped the coffee and that man across the table continued to sit, and slow cries continued. Jack finished his coffee and went home. The next day Jack was granted a leave from the office as there was an audit planned with higher officers, and Jack decided to go to the safe cafeteria.

The moment he entered the cafeteria, he was surprised to see the same couple at a table.

"Wow! fight didn't last long enough I guess!" said Jack to himself as he occupied a chair few tables across.
"I'm sorry, I can explain! I can explain everything! Just listen to me! listen for a minute!" came the voice of that man. 
"What the hell to listen? I saw you with these damn eyes!, how would you like to see me with someone else on bed? ha?", she was about to cry.
"Sorry honey! please! listen to me!"
"I heard enough, I've seen enough! I'm happpy I came to know what a creature you are! I hate you! I hate you!". She pushed away chair and she wasn't out of sight, there were already cries and sobs audible.

The man sat and looked at the skies as tears ran down his cheeks.

"Coffee sir?" waiter enquired Jack!
"Oh!.. what? what is this ? some kind of deja-vu? they fought for same reason yesterday also right?" replied Jack.
"Oh them? actuallly its a little different story. His wife by chance caught him sleeping with another woman, and as she was running out of apartment crying, she met with an accident. And.. after that accident, she can't sustain any new memories, all that she remembers is, her husband slept with another woman! And thats the last thing she remembers.

And they come here everyday, and her husband tries everyday to convince her, make her happy, and to make her say " I love you" and all that he gets to hear is " I hate you". Bad luck! huh!".
"So coffee?" asked the waiter again.
"No... No... I'm full, No thanks" said Jack and left.

No comments: