Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Letter From Heaven

My fellow Earthmates,

I am Pradeep from Mysore. I died last month, quite precisely, I committed suicide. Ah! How! I jumped from the TV tower and smashed my head to the stone board below. I'm happy that I died after that fall, fortunately I was not there to clean up the mess.

Question people ask is WHY?
Why ?
I lost my wife ?
No! I'm Unmarried. Still :).
I lost my girl friend ?
Yeah! But I was happy to loose her! that's not the reason.
No family ?
I do have, they are good!
I lost my degree? sucked in studies ?
Not at all, I was placed in IBM.
I don't look good ?

No! I think I look quite good.
Cocaine? Heroin ?
Not at all! ( Whats a cigarette ?)
Didn't have money ?
Why would I die for money ?

The reason is, I wanted to die, I wanted to know how does it feel to die ? Is it painful? Is it relieving? and what after death? what happens to that feeling of "ME! MINE!" what happens to my thoughts? And where do i go ? Is heaven really there ? Is hell there? do they serve vodka there ?" Is there something called reincarnation? will I be born again? will I pee in diaper again!

I wanted to know and there I stood on the tower, my arms stretched, with deep breath! I looked around and the world seemed endless and lost in haze. Wind blew through my shirt and I knew that was the moment I was about to discover the secret of death, and probably I will not be there to explain it.

After a long and deep breath, I bent a little and leapt forward, and the calm winds suddenly became ferocious and they ripped through my ears and eyes and I was already falling, waving my hands and legs, and halfway down, there came this minute but very acute and piercing thought! A desire though! A desire to live! to see my mom again, to drink a cup of tea, to watch phoonk and laugh again!, to smell roses and my socks, to taste budding mangoes and rotten fishes!, to climb mountain and slide down the ladder, touch a girl's lips, to kick a dog,
TO LIVE! TO LIVE! Before the tears could escape my eyes I saw my face hitting stone board. I felt no pain!

So.. So What ? Who cleaned the mess ? I don't know!
How does it feel to die ? IT SUCKS!
You can always say ' I wanna die' every time you are freaking feeling lousy, but you can't actually say ' I wanna live' when you are already dying and escape death!
IT SUCKS!

And what after death ? Hell or heaven ? I am right now in heaven, well its beautiful here, everything is neat and tidy, I get everything to eat, everyone is nice to me, I have all kinds of clothes, and no soil here, so I never get dirty, so no need of bath, I never get ill, so I don't take pill. No need to work, no need to walk, to run, get tired and sweat! everything is at my doorstep, no burning sun, no crowded places, no boring lectures.
Sounds good doesn't it ?
TRUST ME! THIS SUCKS TOO!

Whats the fun of cool breeze if you are not tired and sweating? whats the fun of bathing if you never get dirty and smelly at all? whats the fun of eating anything if you never get hungry at all! whats the fun of hot coffee, if you are not burning 100 fever and your nose is not running down the chin? How can you ever feel free if you weren't ever stuck in local trains and didn't see your toes for hours? where the hell is the fun if in heaven you aren't allowed to utter the F-word ? what fun is it if you can't use your middle finger efficiently to appreciate your friends' deed? what fun is it anyway if you can't pick on your best buddy's sister ?

What life is it if you can't laugh your stomach out looking at the face of your friend who just finished a PJ? Its not heaven if you aren't taking your veggy friend and tutoring and forcing him on eating chicken burger? and laugh at him when he is guessing the chicken parts!

Heaven isn't anywhere in the sky my friend! Its beside you! Don't search for the happiness in skies and stars, Its present beside you and you are missing it every moment.
Every senseless smile, laughs and giggles, every little good and bad moments, your tears and teeth, your fears and your feasts, your friends and foes, altogether make island of heaven across the planet!

If you think your life stinks and there is no point in living, and if you feel that you are in ditch, DIG Deeper and penetrate across the earth, a whole new world is waiting for you to come out!.

Yours Faithfully,
Late Pradeep.

1 comment:

lohi said...

Ask bramha when am i going to die, and write me a letter back!!.... any way u are dead, so ask him to add ur life to mine........ ha ha
Good one!!